Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What I Stole: Entry # 21

Inventing a new character:

They were the kind of things that Santa Claus himeself would eat. Little sticks of white cotton candy that bloomed into magical flower-petals of cotton candy, or at least so the instructions said. I fled my mother's bathroom as fast as I could with the handful of them that I had grabbed. They felt smooth in my hand, wrapped in their classy flower-covered plastic wrapping. I was gonna sell them to my friends at school..to adults...maybe even to celebrities...or the president of the United States himself. People would pay big money for something like this. The delicate strings that you could hold while popping one into your mouth, where they would bloom like the delicious warm delight that they were. As I ran around the corner to my room, my mom appeared out of nowhere and stopped me. She asked what I was doing, and I lied to her face.
"You dont need those," she said, "those are things that ladies use to stay fresh."
She snatched them out of my hand and walked away. I was confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment