Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Entry #8 Good mood vs. bad mood

SAD GUY
This dreadful building was staring down at me. It seemed to conceal the sun and all light in the world behind it, casting dark brooding shadows over me. It may have been a clear sunny day outside, but there was nothing bright about this gray building. It was dull, with thick black cracks stretching across the edges of it like cobwebs. I didn’t want to enter, for fear that I would lose myself within the black hole that was the entrance, and never come out alive.

HAPPY GUY
I arrived back at the grey apartment complex, but the mood around me was so great that it seemed to shine with a white glow. The small cracks across the building appeared to be its way of smiling at me. The sunlight shining from behind the building made it seem like the building had a halo. Everything was right about the day from the bright blue sky shining above me to the giddy ants that were crawling across the sidewalk. I walked into the building with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment