Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Balloon" first paragraph

It was 7:13 A.M. and eighty-one degrees Fahrenheit in the field in which I was standin’, and yet I felt so cold that I was shivering. I was surrounded by one of the thickest fogs I have ever seen in my life. The only thing I could see in the field around me were the tall green and brown reeds of grass that prickled against my legs and thighs. Everything else that was more than ten feet away from me disappeared behind the fog. The promising sun was rising somewhere in the distance behind the fog, giving it the glow of a faint baby blue haze. Crickets were screamin’ in the grass all around me as loud as they could. Standing there in this cool blue dream, huggin’ my arms against my trembling body as the crickets hollered made me feel like I was losin’ my mind.
My name is Carly

(I haven't thought of her last name yet, so I'm leaving it blank for now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment