Thursday, December 10, 2009

Story continued...

After I got done watchin’ “Fabulous Life Of,” these thoughts were whirling around in my head, and I was beginning to feel a bit claustrophobic, so I got up and left our trailer and walked over to the small rickety swing-set that stood off to the side of our microscopic yard. The swings were nothin’ special, just some deteriorating plastic seats attached to some rusty metal. It was one of the nicer things that my parents had managed to afford for me and my sister when we were little. Normally, our yard would be littered with old toys that we never touched along with these swings if I hadn’t decided to clean the yard one day after I heard a joke on TV about how “rednecks” have yards that are covered with their kids toys. I was no redneck, or at least I didn’t want to be, and I cleared everything out of our yard except for those two swings. I sat down in the one on my left, and there I swung for almost a half an hour as I thought about my situation. I almost always preferred being outside like that over being inside our dumpy trailer ‘cause I felt like I could breathe outside. Our house confined me within it’s thin walls and mildewed ceiling, but outside I could see all the way up to outer space and I felt like flying there was a possibility. On that day, I just stayed in that swing and let the playful wind blow through my hair. I wasn’t in the mood for doing anything. I was drownin’ in my thoughts, and I just wanted to sit there and attempt to catch my breath. Momma came home soon after that with a couple of groceries and I helped her carry them inside. And sadly enough, those were the most eventful parts of my day. I did nothing else but stay in the house, eat dinner, and then I took my nighttime shower. We had a shower with a cheap plastic interior rather than some elegant tile pattern like the people on “Fabulous Life Of,” and my whole family shared the same shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment